In order to help prevent fungal infections, follow these steps:
- Keep your feet dry and clean.
- Trim nails straight across and file down thickened areas.
- Wear socks and change them at least every 24 hours.
- Wear comfortable shoes that are not too tight so your feet can “breathe”.
- Use an anti-fungal product as soon as you notice an infection to help keep it from spreading.
- Select a well-known manicure and pedicure salon and bring your own instruments.
- Do not trim or pick at the skin around your nails.
- Do not walk barefoot in public places such as pools, locker rooms and /or showers.
- Since toe & foot fungal infections can spread from one person to another and from one area of your body to another, wash your hands after applying any topical antifungal product.