What is toe fungus?
Toe fungus is a fungal infection that can affect the areas on or around your toes such as the cuticles and the skin under and around your nail edges and tips.
Symptoms of Toe Fungus
Classic symptoms of toe fungus include:
- Itchiness or redness of the affected areas
- Rash that appears in a circle shape that may be inflamed and flaking
- Peeling and cracking of the skin
Not sure if you have toe fungus? Your doctor can help you identify it.
Treating and preventing toe fungus
If you already have toe fungus, there are over-the-counter treatments that are affordable alternatives to prescription medicines such as Fungi-Nail® Toe & Foot® Anti-Fungal Solution. Fungi-Nail Toe & Foot gets rid of fungal infections on cuticles, around nail edges and under nail tips. Fungi-Nail Toe & Foot contains 25% Undecylenic Acid, the maximum strength available without a prescription, and continues to be the #1 pharmacist recommended brand.
The best treatment for toe fungus is prevention. Try these tips:
- Keep your nails short, dry and clean.
- Trim nails straight across and file down thickened areas.
- Use an anti-fungal product as soon as you notice an infection to keep it from spreading.
- Select a well-known manicure and pedicure salon, and bring your own instruments.
- Don’t trim or pick at the skin around your nails.